Tuesday, November 21, 2017


FIRST BAPTISMS!!!

Hello all!

The beginning of the week was pretty basic, but once Friday hit it was crazy!  We had a meeting in Birmingham for all the greenies because we are almost half way through training - WOO!  It was fun to see some of my friends from the MTC again!  That evening was Ben and Kerry's baptism!!  We were late because we had to come back from Birmingham and we came back to mayhem! They couldn't figure out how to turn on the warm water for the font so the water was freezing cold.  I thought it would be fine until  I remembered that Kerry is 8 months pregnant and that could have resulted in an early baby!  They figured it out about 10 minutes before the baptism started, but by then the font was practically full.  They emptied it, and it takes about an hour to fill so we had to drag the program out for as long as we could.  It all ended well though, so all is good.  Ben and Kerry are so awesome!  They were confirmed yesterday in Sacrament Meeting, and that was an incredible experience.  The Spirit was so strong.

Today we went to a little model village in Gloucestershire!  It was a 1/9 scale model of the village Burton-on-Water and it was pretty cool!  It even had people in some of the buildings and there was a choir singing in the church.  Cool stuff!

Hope everybody has a brilliant week!  Go do something good for another person!  Love y'all!

-Elder Lott


Ben and Kerry at their Baptism 
with their daughter Eden


                                                       Burton-on-Water                                                           

THE BOOK OF MORMON CHALLENGE
One of my favorite scriptures is Alma 26:16, and it says,
"Therefore, let us glory in the Lord, yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever.  Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord?  Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his power, and of his long suffering toward the children of men?  Behold, I say until you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."
This is one of my favorite verses because of the thanks it gives to God.  He has done so much for us, his love is so immense, and he will always be there for us no matter what.  Just like it says in that verse,  I really "cannot say the smallest part which I feel", because when I think about everything that I have been given and the love that he has for me I am filled with joy so great that words aren't good enough to describe it!  I know God lives and that he cares about each and every one of us!




No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...