Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Hello everyone! This week has been an absolute blur! So finding stuff out about the outside world is like totally impossible right now and if we have any question on a current event we need to ask our teachers to google it for us. Turns out we are near the tail end of Hurricane Ophelia-I think that's what it's named-which is currently over Ireland I'm pretty sure. This is the closest I have ever been to a hurricane! I also got sick this week and totally lost my voice. It was like super deep and somebody told my companion that I was nice to listen to. After that though I sounded pretty bad. I'm mostly over it now though.

On Friday we all went to Piccadilly Square Manchester for a day of proselyting! What an experience that was! The very first person I spoke to was an old man who looked pretty nice. Old people are usually nice right? Well it turns out they sometimes aren't and this old man was not very nice. As soon as he saw me walking up to him he started talking about how he didn't want to speak with me he began to walk away. He then turned, pointed at my name tag, and said, "That's a load of rubbish!" He then proceeded to tell me that God isn't real because if I were to pass out in the middle of the street right then, God wouldn't appear to take me to the hospital. It wasn't the most sound argument I've ever heard but he seemed to believe it so I must be missing something. If you figure it out let me know! That pretty much sums up the rest of the day though. I don't think I saw a single smile on anybody's face other than the other missionaries that were there. Must be the rain or something.

In happier news, I joined the MTC choir! How's that for weird? I mainly joined because of how boring and repetitive the day is here but it ended up being an awesome time and we actually sound pretty good! One might even say angelic if they were understating our talent. Tonight we are singing Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing for one of the Area Seventies, Elder Philips, as he'll be here for a devotional tonight. Speaking of choirs and MTC devotionals, we watched a recording of the devotional Elder Christofferson gave in Provo this week and I saw Elder Connor Morris singing in the choir there! What a guy!

I think that is all this week! It was a good time! I'm unsure if I'll be able to email next week as I'll be heading out to Birmingham on P-Day. Wish me luck! Love y'all!

-Elder Lott

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...