Monday, May 21, 2018

1st Class

Hi Y'all!

A good week we had here in Hinckley!  The first half of the week was pretty boring, but the last half was fun!

On Thursday we had District Meeting and then I had an exchange with the Chelmsley Wood Elders who were put in our District at the beginning of this transfer.  I went to Chelmslely Wood with Elder Tinker, a British lad from Kent, which is South London.  We had a really good time and we taught a guy they baptised last transfer,  We watched the Joseph Smith movie and I love it.  It is incredible all that Joseph Smith did amidst all his trials.  Good dude.

On Saturday we went to our Bishop's house in the afternoon and helped him sort his back garden.  We painted the deck, removed a pole that was cemented into the ground, and power washed some tiles.  It was a big job and we were there for a long time, but it was the royal wedding that day so people were extra not bothered by us.  Also, he fed us so I'd say it was definitely worth it.  Bishop is a lad as well so it was loads of fun.  We also took some shots on a netball hoop his wife practices on and it's blooming hard.  It's like a foot higher than basketball and there's no backboard.  I definitely sent a ball or two over the fence into the neighbor's yard.

As for the Royal Wedding, there wasn't too much about it where we are.  I looked around for things to take photos with, but aside from a few magazine covers there wasn't much.  No cardboard cut outs or anything like that.

It's incredible to think that Mrs. McDonald and Mrs. Humphries are both retiring.  They were both such incredible teachers.  It's so crazy to think it has been that long since Silver Mesa days.  It definitely hasn't been 7, almost 8 years.  There's no way.

Yesterday we went to a Church of England chapel because one of our members set up a Nurse Appreciation Celebration with their congregation.  It was a fun and interesting day.  We listened to a gospel choir, got preached to by a Vicar, and said group prayers.  It was fun to see how other churches worship but I think I like the way we do it more.

It was great to hear that the Jordan River Temple has been rededicated.  It is one of my favorite temples and I'm looking forward to going through it when I am home.

Spiritual Thought:
Enos 1:17
     And I, Enos, knew it would be according to the covenant which he had made; therefore my soul did rest.

This verse is a good reminder that the Lord always keeps his promises.  It is up to us to keep our end of them and if we do that, we will receive all the blessings He has promised.

I love you guys!  Keep being cool!

-Elder Lott

Church of England

A beautiful view

A panoramic gone wrong

The strangest door knocker I've seen yet!

My lunch today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...