Monday, July 2, 2018

CANNOCK WEEK #2!

Hello Everybody!  We have had a cool week so I will tell you about it!

I went on exchange with an Australian lad, Elder Gibson, from Brisbane this week and that was fun!  We had a good time and got on really well.  We've also had a little success in finding so that's great!  We have found a couple of people who are interested in the Savior or are interested in Mormons so hopefully that goes somewhere!  One guy, named Jamie, pulled onto the street we were on and yelled at us from his car, but he actually ended up being pretty cool.

We will get to meet the new Mission President on Friday so that will be sweet!

Something cool we've been doing this week is teaching one of the young men in our ward named Isaac.  He has been a member his whole life but is currently the only one in his family who is still attending church.  He doesn't know if he believes though, so he has asked us to teach him as if he were an investigator because he feels like he doesn't have all the gospel knowledge he should have.  He is really cool and we get along quite well.  He's just a year or two younger than me and he is such a lad, so it is fun teaching him.  He also is a huge basketball fan, so he keeps me updated on what's happening.  I have missed knowing what is happening in the basketball world.

It has also been flipping blazing here this week.  We haven't had rain in weeks and all the grass is dying everywhere and everybody is kind of flipping out over here.  We are resting around like 25-30 degrees.  I have no idea how hot that is in Fahrenheit, but just know it's pretty toasty.  The humidity is just the cherry on top too.  #prayforengland

I'm happy that Chase made it home safely.  It is an exhausting and long flight and I'm sure that is was just that much harder with his bad knee.  I'm sure that the next few weeks, if not months, will be tough and long for him.  I hope that he heals well and is able to return to the field.  That day we spent together a few years ago was pretty fun though haha.  Him with ACL surgery and me with my wisdom teeth just out.  We were a couple of disabled dudes that day.  I remember he started eating pretzels and talking trash on me so I did some jumping jacks.  Good times.

Enjoy the 4th of July!  We did a 4th of July lunch for P Day so we had burgers, hot dogs and watermelon with all of the most American foods we could find.  It was loads of fun.  We even bought a little disposable barbecue so we could grill it all.  lol.  It was so good though!  Four out of the six of us are American so the Russian and Filipino joined in.  I have come to love America twice as much as I did at home.  Honestly, the best way to put it is I am "America Trunky".    England is great!  But there is nothing like home.  Of the things that now mean more to me, America is high on the list.  To all of my American friends, please celebrate the 4th of July as hard as you can for me because America is great.  Give Old Glory some love for me!  #USUSUS

Well, I love you all and hope that this week is cool!  If it isn't feeling cool than go do something to make it cool!

-Elder Lott

Tracting is fun in the hot sun!
-with Elder Gibson

Happy 4th of July everyone!



The new England Birmingham Mission Boundaries
July 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...