Monday, July 9, 2018

CANNOCK WEEK #3

Hey Everybody!

This has been a good week!  We had a couple of exciting things happen.  We were able to get in contact with some former investigators and less active members who are interested in having us come by, so hopefully we are able to get them back on track and progressing to whatever their next steps in the Gospel may be!  Finding here has been hard so we have started to try different things.

We met our new Mission President, President Hughes this week and he is a proper lad.  I like him a lot.  He seems really cool and solid.  He is a very different personality from President Leppard.  It is kind of weird to see things done and handled in a different way.  I'm really looking forward to having him as my MP and getting to know him.  I think he is going to be great.

I got the package this week!  Thanks so much.  I loved the American deodorant and Swedish Fish.  Thanks also for sending my retainers.  They hurt hurt like crazy though!  I didn't think my mouth had moved too much because my teeth are straight while I smile, but they have moved loads I guess!  I only wear them for like 20 minutes at a time right now.

People are going absolutely nuts about the world cup!  We walked through town on Saturday night after they beat Sweden and town center was going crazy!  Over here shops close around 6 on a weekday and around 4 or 5 on the weekend, so town center is usually dead quite.  But it was so exciting that night.  We had like 10 people say "Hey lads!  It's coming home!  Football's coming home!" to us.  I hope that they win it all.  I think that would be really cool to happen while I am here.  When a game is on you know exactly what is happening whether you are watching or not because of how loud people get while watching haha! I bought a jersey - I wanted a red one but they are out everywhere so I bought a white one instead.

The heatwave here has been insane!  My last transfer in Hinckley was good weather with rain usually about once a week. (That itself is unusual.  It typically rains multiple times a week/day here).  It was a little gloomy my last day in Hinckley but that is the last sign of moisture we have seen since.  There are seldom even clouds in the sky, which is really weird!  So pretty much for the last 3 weeks it has been 5-10 degrees Celsius hotter than normal and it hasn't rained at all, which is even crazier!  People are  kind of flipping out!  There is also a mild concern about water supply because they don't have any solid reservoirs or anything here since they don't really usually need them.

We did some service for a lady named Viv this week too.  Some of the Sisters in our District found her while we were doing District Finding and they graciously volunteered us to do her yard work for her.  We mowed her lawn and pruned a tree and I used my first electric lawn mower.  It was quite different.  And it was so small.  It just felt wrong. haha

Well, it has been a good week!  I've hit 9 months now so that's cool.  Time just keeps moving on!

Love you all!

-Elder Lott



For you  Mom
9 months!  Woo-Woo!

Viv's electric lawn mower 


No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...