Monday, September 10, 2018

PACKING UP AND SHIPPING OUT

Hello everybody!  We've had a really good week in Cannock!  We got transfer info last night and I'm leaving to go to Duston in Northampton Zone.  My new comp is named Elder Tollestrup and I'm pretty sure he is from Alberta, Canada.  I also think I'll be getting a car in my new area so hallelujah!

But anyway, as for this week!  We taught Jamie about temples and he really liked the concepts of ordinance work for the dead and eternal marriages.  It was a really good lesson and I'm going to miss teaching him a lot.  We've seen him progress loads from when we first started teaching him and he has such incredible faith!

There was an activity this week at the Lichfield chapel which is in our District.  Chloe and her daughter Neveah came to that!  It was a "Western Night" because both of the Sisters in that area are from Arizona and in England that equates to them being horse riding maniacs who can lasso with the best of them.  (Fun fact:  British people say lasso like "lassoo".)  The activity was really good and I think Chloe is realizing more and more that she wants a better life than what she has now, and that the church is where that better life lies. Chloe can't get over how happy and kind all the members are.  When she met the Sister missionaries at the activity she couldn't believe how nice they were.  She said that all the girls she has ever met just try to cause fights and problems except these ones. haha It's been really good seeing her progress as well. I love it when people realize the blessing that the gospel can be in their life. I hope she is able to stay focused on the things that really matter!

More exciting news with Isaac too!  Antony, our Elders Quorum President, who Isaac lives with, let us know this week that Isaac has decided to go on a mission! He needs to do another year of school before he can go, but he seems really excited about it.  Over the last week I think he's said, "When I'm on my mission" about a million times, which is so good!  It's been loads of fun to see him progress while I've been here as well!

To be honest, I don't really feel ready to leave Cannock.  I've really loved my time here!  We've had loads of stuff happening in the work.  The people we have worked with are so great and their faith has grown so much.  I'm sad to leave the members as well, because there are some really incredible people here who I've grown very close with over the last couple of months.  But such is missionary life.  I'm excited to go to Duston and see a new part of the country!  I might even be south enough to get a posh accent!  It's a Zone that is new to the mission too, so that's exciting!

Love you all!  Have a good week!

with Isaac

with Antony and Maddie Jones, 
legends of Cannock

with Brenda, and awesome and hilarious
lady in the Cannock ward

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...