Monday, October 8, 2018

DUSTON WEEK #4

Hello All!

It has been a good week.  Wow!  We have been here, there and everywhere so it's been a bit crazy!

We had a chapel tour with Lily and Wayne last Monday evening which was pretty good.  Lily is a member referral and Wayne is her Dad, but we think that a little interest sparked in him as well throughout the tour.  It was a good one!

We also had an exchanged with the Assistants on Tuesday so I was in Birmingham with Elder Kinard for that.  We spent pretty  much the whole day in the city talking to people and it was loads of fun!  I think the coolest thing that day was that we just sat down by a random guy to eat our lunch and we ended up teaching him and his wife the whole Plan of Salvation over the next 45 minutes, so that was pretty neat.  We also ran out of supplies because we were handing stuff out like crazy and it has been awhile since that has happened for me.  I love cities!  The Conservative Party had a conference in Birmingham that day so there was loads of security and we walked past some protesters.  I think we even got on TV when a Member of  Parliament walked by.

On Thursday we were on exchange with the Ramsey Elders in our Zone.  I was with Elder Stock who was in my MTC District so it was fun to be with him again.  We were together over our year mark as well, so that was cool.  It was a good exchange.  Crazy to think that I've been out here a year now.

Friday we had MLC (Mission Leadership Conference) in Birmingham and that was really good.  President Hughes is such a champ.  He's an amazing guy and the leaders in the mission are all great as well.  It was a fun meeting.

General Conference was great too!  Crazy about 2 hour church though.  I think it's a great thing because it puts more responsibility onto the members for their own spiritual welfare.  One thing I've noticed recently is that the Church is doing a lot to make members more personally responsible for a lot of things and I think it is great.  It helps everyone learn to stand on their own two feet.  President Nelson is making moves over there!  He came in and is getting some work done!  It's really cool to see.

I love you all!  Have a great week!

-Elder Lott

Exchange with Elder Kinard



Exchange with Elder Stock

The MTC one year ago!


Elder Staheli!


With half of my first District @ MLC
(the other half is home now)



MLC  October 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...