Monday, October 29, 2018

DUSTON WEEK #7

Howdy!

This week was really good and I actually have an update on somebody we are teaching! #rare
But anyway, we have been meeting with Nancy and she is great!  She came to church on Sunday and I realized that she is the first person on my mission that I was in the first companionship to bring to church.  Everybody else had been to church before with other missionaries, even if they hadn't been in a long while.  So that's cool!  She soaks up everything we teach her, though we invited her to be baptised which sadly she didn't accept but just because she doesn't feel like she has enough knowledge about the church yet so we will keep teaching her and try again.  She has two really funny kids named Reggie and Chelsea and they are so great.  Chelsea was just making me turn to different hymns for almost all of Sacrament Meeting yesterday.

We also went to the Milton Keynes District Council on Thursday and then we were on exchanges with the Milton Keynes Elders after that, which was good fun.  I was with Elder Davey from Australia, who I was with in the MTC.  It was a good time and there was a carnival/fair going on in town which increased the regular mayhem of the city center, so that was interesting!  It has also been absolutely freezing this week.  haha  I've been wearing a jumper like every day because I made the mistake of not wearing one one day and it was awful.  I have learned. The rain hasn't been too bad, thank goodness, but wow it has been freezing!  The colors are pretty here, but I don't see them too much because I am in the city most of the time.  Nothing like the Forest of Dean, sadly.  (Mom note:  jumper is the British word for pullover sweater.  He's not wearing women or childrens clothing.)

This week we get our flu shots, or flu jabs as they call them here, so wish us luck!

Not loads else happened this week, but life is good!  If you all would pray for Nancy that would be fantastic.  She just needs a little help realizing she is ready for it.  Thanks so much!

I haven't done a spiritual thought in awhile, so I'll leave a couple of scriptures here...

Joshua 1:9
Have not I commanded thee?  Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the Lord they God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua 3:5
And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves' for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.

Joshua 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.


Love you all!  Have a wonderful week!  Celebrate Halloween a little extra for me!

-Elder Lott


Milton Keynes District Council.  
For some reason Elder Tollestrup and I are glowing 
like Celestial beings.  Not bad if you ask me!


Exchange with Elder Davey

A cool Obelisk we found in our area



No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...