Monday, February 19, 2018

HINCKLEY!!

This was a good week!  Things started to pick up after a lull in the work and we found a couple of people to teach.  It will be exciting to see how they progress.  The sun also came out for a little bit this week and it wasn't really cold so that was pretty neat!  We tracted a really interesting street and had some weird experiences there but it was an enriching experience!

Elder Dodds and I were able to ride our bikes a little bit this week.  We were doing some work in Monmouth (the town where we live) so instead of taking the car we decided to get out the bikes and take a ride!  I'm not going to lie - I got my butt totally kicked.  It was a short ride but I was really feeling it for the rest of that day!  Being in the car has gotten me so out of shape!

We also got the transfer news.  I'm leaving the Forest of Dean and moving to the Hinkley area which is in the Nuneaton Ward in the Coventry Zone. My new companion is Elder Jones and he is from Springville, UT.  I don't know much about the Hinckley area or my companion yet though so I'll let you know more next week.  I do know I'll be leaving the car though, which is something that is bittersweet.  I've met a lot of really incredible people while I've been here and I'm going to miss this place a lot, but it is also time to go.  It will be hard to say goodbye!  I've loved it here in the Forest and I've learned a lot here and have had some incredible experiences!

The transfer will be by train and I leave tomorrow morning.  I'll be on my first train with one of my Zone Leaders but I'll be solo on the second train.  I'm a little nervous because the train stations here are really big and I'll be changing trains at Birmingham New Street which is reeeeeaaaaalllly big.  It's my first time on the trains because I got straight into a car from the mission home and I don't know what's going on all that well, but I'll figure it out.  I'll just take it slow and ask people for help if I need it so don't worry too much Mom.

Scripture of the Week!
2 Nephi 25:26
And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

-Elder Lott

Elder Lott with the Woods Family.
Their daughter has been called to serve in the 
Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission.


Keep the Forest Public!


No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...