Monday, March 5, 2018

Hi Everyone!  It has been a busy two weeks so I'll try to remember as much as I can!

I am really liking my new area and Elder Jones is a great companion.  It's been a crazy week with finding and teaching!  We have been let in 5 times to teach, which like never happens!  That's more times in 1 week than I was able to do in my whole time in the Forest of Dean!  Some of them were just nice people who wanted to talk - one guy let us in just because we were American, which was pretty weird, but we were able to teach most of the people who let us in their homes.  The lessons went quite well so it will be exciting to see how these people progress. I was also on exchanges this week with Elder Kelleher, my MTC companion, and that was pretty cool!

I think the biggest difference between the Forest and here is how close everything is.  The Forest consisted of lots of little towns spread out, but here it is pretty much just one city.  I think I miss the scenery of the Forest the most, and also all of the weird stuff you would see on the country roads. 

There has been some weird stuff going on in England though.  First off, KFC is having a chicken shortage.  That is a big issue over here.  I don't know how on earth a restaurant that sells only chicken has a chicken shortage, but KFC is massive over here and it's quite a problem.  People aren't happy!

It sounds like the snow decided to come late for both of us this season.  You guys are getting a lot more , but I dare say that it is much colder over here.  There was a storm that came from Siberia and whoa buddy, that was a tough one!  It was nicknamed "The Beast From the East".  I saw a newspaper saying it was the worst storm in 30 years, but people were saying it was the worst in 50 years.  I think it was the worst ever!  It snowed nonstop for 2 days which wouldn't bother me usually, but Siberia can whip up some reeeeaaaalllly cold wind!  The humidity here just tears you apart as well, so it was a pretty tough week.  President Leppard even made us go home early for a few days, and nobody in the mission could bike or drive for several days as well.  It was pretty crazy!

I am enjoying being on a bike more than I expected.  It's nice to get some exercise, be outside and have some occasional sunshine.  I do miss good old Paul, but Dorleen is holding up quite well.  I miss the Utah roads!  They are so good!  The roads here are absolutely awful and when they come around to fix them they do the worst job.  Not so big of a deal now that I'm not in the car, but holy cow!  They are so bad.  I will never complain about the constant construction on Utah roads again.  At least not for awhile.

This week I broke my bed!  The mission beds are notoriously trashy, and I have yet to visit a flat that doesn't have at least one bed that has been broken.  But anyway, I was going to put on my socks so I sat down on my bed and then CRACK!  One of the sideboards snapped straight in half.  Funny thing is that the same thing happened to Elder Jones a few days earlier and the same thing has happened to the other side of my bed but somebody fixed it.  Well, we went out for the day and forgot about it so when we went home that night I slept on it and broke it more.  All the supporting beams across the bottom detached on at least one side and we have since torn the whole frame apart and used some random adhesive we found in the flat to try to fix it because we don't have any screws or nails.  Hopefully it works, but it's a long shot.

Well, we're off the KFC for lunch, so pray that the chicken shortage isn't too bad!  BTW, it is way better over here than in the States.  Burger King is as well.

Love you all!

-Elder Lott

A snowman!

The initial crack

What we saw last night

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...