Monday, March 12, 2018

STRATFORD UPON AVON! COVENTRY! BIRMINGHAM!

Hey y'all!  Hope it's been an A-1 week!  It's been an exciting one over here in jolly old England.

Nothing much happened the first part of the week, but on Thursday we were on exchanges with the Zone Leaders so we got to go to Stratford Upon Avon which is a super posh town that is also where our good buddy William Shakespeare was born, so that's pretty neat.  We got there super late because of trains and on our way there we had to pass through Birmingham and I saw the city centre for the first time and holy nuts it was massive!  I don't think I've ever seen so many people in one place!  Sadly we were only in Stratford for a couple of hours and we had to leave at 6:30 the next morning so we didn't see much.  On Friday, Elder Jones went to a meeting in Birmingham with the Zone Leaders and the other District Leaders so I went to Coventry City Centre and it was crazy!  We met up with part of the Coventry District to do some finding and played finding bingo and it was flipping wild!  We found a couple of people who gave us their numbers/Facebook and Elder Yim came in so clutch when we went up to 2 people and their whole conversation was in Mandarin even though his first language is Cantonese!  It was crazy!

After that we all had to train to the Mission Home to meet up with our companions and to head back to our areas but it was so cool because I got to see some of the people I know!  My District for the last two transfers was just the Zone Leaders, my companion who was District Leader, and myself.  Because this was a Leadership Meeting they were all there!  I got to see Elder Staheli again, which was awesome, and I even met his trainer, so we got a quick family picture!  It was just really good to see the people I knew again.  After that we got driven back home by the Zone Leaders, made some not so bad Alfredo sauce, and played some football with the Elders Quorum and Young Men!  And whoa buddy, if I though I was bad at football in the MTC when I was playing with other Americans! These Englishmen are so quick with their feet!  It felt really proper too, hearing them yell with their accents and stuff, so it was pretty cool, but yeah, I'm rubbish at football!  They just need to play me in basketball or something.  lol

But yeah, it's been a good week!  The old teaching pool in Hinckley isn't outstanding right now, but that's why I'm here!  It will change!

Yesterday was Mother's Day for the British Isles, or Mothering Sunday, as they say here, so Happy Mother's Day!  I elected to not Skype home yesterday though because doing it in May makes it a lot closer to six months both ways.  Thanks for being such an incredible mom!  I love you!

Elder Jones is gluten free and has been impressed by my knowledge of the food he can and can't eat.  I said something about gluten in soy sauce when we were shopping one day and he was astonished haha! I wish we had more time to cook for dinner on the mission because one hour is barely enough time to prepare and eat!  Oh well I will survive!

Luckily I was able to fix the bed this week.  We went to a department store and bought some screws and then borrowed a drill from one of the members and we patched it up!  It doesn't look pretty but it is as solid, if not more solid, than it was before it broke! If it breaks again though, it is well past the point of no return.  I think it will hold up for awhile though.

Love you all, and have an awesome week!!  Sorry I don't have more pictures mom!

-Elder Lott

Grandpa, Father, Son
A 3 Generation Photo


With Elder Staheli



Yuuuuuhhhhh




No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...