Monday, June 18, 2018

FAREWELL, HINCKLES

Hello everyone!  It has been a good week with a fair few exciting things!  One of them, as you could probably tell from the subject line, is I am leaving Hinckley.  I'll be going to Cannock in the Lichfield Zone so I am not going to the Leeds Mission.  I know my companion will be Elder Abecia from the Philippines and he goes home at the end of next transfer so I'm going to kill my first companion in the area.  Training Elder Raicevic was great and I think he is good to go!  The ward as been good and the people have been great.

In addition to that we had our last Zone Conference with President Leppard this week too.  It was really good and he and Sister Leppard were a lot more informal this time around so it was good to see more of what they are like as normal people lol.  They wanted to start an hour early though, so Elder Raicevic and I had to get up at like 4:50 am so we could catch the trains and be there on time.  It was a loooooong day!  Zone Conference was great though and the Leppards bore very strong testimonies.  It was very evident how much their mission meant to them.  We also had a Q+A at the end of the conference and it was fun to get to know a little more about them.

I have some pictures this week.  I'll explain a few.

Elder Dodds goes home on Wednesday and he was at Zone Conference so we took a final picture.
The fields, sundial and prisoner thingy were at the Battlefield of Bosworth, where a massive battle was fought between two of the royal houses.  Richard 3 fought one of the Henries and it was a really big and important deal.  It was a cool walk and place.  The newspaper is my fly swatting tool.  We had flies coming out of nowhere this week and we didn't count exactly but by rough estimation I have killed 80+ flies inside our flat this week.  It was insane.  The Englands are an awesome family who have given us a ride to church every week, had us over for dinner loads, and they are just really good, kind people.  Their son got back from his mission to the Alpine German Speaking Mission a week and a half ago.  They are awesome!  The Iliffes are another awesome family who had us over for dinner every Thursday.   The last photo is of a street in my area

Have a great week everyone!

-Elder Lott

With Elder Dodds




Battle of Bosworth field

Battle of Bosworth Sundial

Battle of Bosworth Pillory




My weapon of mass destruction



with the England Family

with the Iliffes

A street in my area



No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...