Monday, January 1, 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Happy New Year everybody!  An exciting time to be sure.  I hope you all have some stellar resolutions.  Also, shout out to my fantastic family!  It was great talking to them last week!  Also, guess what!?!?  My sister Marissa got married 2 days ago!  That's awesome!  Congrats Riss!!!!

It's been a solid week as always.  Let's get this started!

On Christmas day as we were leaving the flat to go Skype/have dinner at the Branch President's house we had some excitement!  We left our flat, shut the door, and then exited the building and shut the door and walked down the stairs.  I was on my way to the car when I heard Elder Staheli say, "Elder, I don't have the keys", which, you know is just a small issue because both doors lock as they shut.  So, here we are, wondering what the heck to do!  Can't get into the car or the flat as the keys are on the same ring.  Our flat is on the bottom floor though and some of the windows are street-level so we start checking to see if there are any unlocked windows that are easy to get to.  No luck. Seeing no other option we decided to try one of our other windows that is like 13 feet up the building.  Elder Staheli tries to jump up and grab the grate around the window but can't jump high enough so I boost him up and guess what?  The window is locked!  Just our luck, right?  Well, he decided to stay up there and mess around with the window while I'm looking around in the car park for something we can slide in between the panes to release the lock. I'm tossing up scraps of cardboard, wood, zip ties, you name it!  I even found an aux cord.  This goes on for a solid 35 minutes, we're praying hard, and then I hear something slide!  Elder Staheli popped off part of the lock and boom!  We're in!  A Christmas miracle was truly worked that day!

We taught a man named Jed this week.  He recently  moved in with his mother who has been on and off in her attendance at church but has been a baptized member for around 15 years.  During those 15 years he has come to love going to church.  When we first met him at church he said that being around members of the church makes him happy and that he finds a joy at our church that he hasn't found anywhere else but hasn't become a member because he gets hung up on the feeling that he doesn't have great enough faith.  For our first lesson we really focused on how we feel the Spirit and that the joy he feels at church is the Spirit testifying to him that this is the place he should be.  It was the most Spirit-driven lesson I've been in so far and it was incredible.  I just want to bear my testimony to you all that this church is true and that the happiness it brings is so full and lasting!

It has been a pretty low key week aside from that.  We have been limited in some of our proselyting efforts because of the holidays which has slowed the work slightly but all is well!  Have a super cool week everybody!  I hope the New Year treat you all very well!  Cheers!

-Elder Lott

Professional Burglars! 🕵️‍♂️

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...