Monday, January 15, 2018

NEW COMP!!  SAME AREA!!

Woohoo! Another week come and gone here in the EBM!!  As always it was full of thrilling and exciting things and as usual I can't really remember much of what happened so I'll give you what I can!

Let's see.  Transfers were this week.  Here you send off your comp at the train station and wait for your new one.  I waited for 5 hours at the Abergavenny Train Station for my  new comp.  I watched Mormon messages, ate at the cafe and spoke to the cafe owner for awhile but it was a pretty long, boring wait.  They used to have everybody meet at the mission home from what I hear, but sadly not anymore. 

Elder Dodds got here and he is a total legend!  Straight out of Panguich, Utah and he is quite an experienced lad, having 18 months in the mission.  He's through the mid-mission slump thing some people get and is looking to finish on a high note so he's motivated to get stuff done which is great.  He's the second country boy I've gotten in a row!  But yeah he's stud and a good missionary so it's an all around great time.

I've stayed in the Forest and I am so happy about that.  I love it here.  It is beautiful and the people are great!  Especially when they aren't mad at us!

Also, I'm driving which is totally sic man!  The trip from the train station back to the flat was a little more exciting than I would have liked but we are safe and sound.  It took some getting used to being on the opposite side of the road and having the majority of the car being to my left rather than my right and all, but we have persevered and gotten used to it!  The flow of driving here is different and the roads are incredibly narrow, which takes some adjustment, especially when you pass a lorry at 45 mph with like 2 feet between you and him.  There's not much room for error, but I'm getting used to it.  The roads here are quite dodgy sometimes though, so that can be fun.  Also there are loads of roundabouts but I actually quite like them now.  If everybody knows what they're doing they work out great!

Mom, I do remember the viewing for President Hinckley but only very vaguely.  That was quite a long time ago!  The thing I remember the most is that he had a huge ring with a black stone on it.  President Monson will be missed, he was an outstanding Prophet.  President Nelson will be also.  And now I can say I know the Prophet's grandson!  I went to school with him at Butler and Brighton.

Hey, I'm also 19 now!  That's pretty crazy.  Thanks so much to everybody who emailed me and I want y'all to know that I love all of you!  I've come to know some real legends in my life and you guys are all such great people!

I'm so jealous of everyone going to Cancun.  I would love some sunshine but I've turned into a vampire since getting here and would probably melt if I got hit by some direct rays.  haha!  I feel so white and pasty!

I also have a quick spiritual thought!

In D&C 9:8 it says,

8.  But behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you  must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right.

If we pray to Heavenly Father he will answer our questions.  He has promised multiple times throughout the scriptures that He will do so and He always keeps His promises!  As missionaries a lot of what we do is challenge people to ask if what we teach them is true and I've seen people receive answers to those questions.  It is an incredible way to feel the love Heavenly Father has for us!  I know that He really does answer our prayers because He has answered mine and I know He will do the same for all of you guys.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Cheers!

-Elder Lott

Facials with Elder Staheli

With his new companion, Elder Dodds

A Birthday cake with a big candle!

A totally awesome Spider-Man bobble head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...