Monday, December 3, 2018

DUSTON WEEK #12

Hello All!

A good week and transfer this has been!  I'll be staying in Duston for the next 7 weeks and I'll be getting a new companion, Elder Waterbohr from Germany!  He has only been out for 2 transfers so I'm follow up training him, which will be exciting.  I am sad to see Elder Tollestrup go, but I'm really excited for the new transfer.  I'm also a little sad because Elder Tollestrup is going to Cardiff, which is the area I wanted to go to next.  But if he's there then the chances of me going there next greatly drop.  We shall see though!

This week we had Elder McLennan, one of our Office Elders, in the Zone visiting all of the District Councils to give a presentation so we spent a couple of day with him and drove him around everywhere he needed to go.  It was so much fun haha.  I love that guy so much.  He's from Scotland and he is absolutely hilarious.

We also found a couple of pretty promising people this week, which is nice!  One, named Christina, was like really happy when we said we were missionaries and I didn't know how to react.  That has never happened to me before lol.  She's really cool though!  Kinda pretty sure we will baptize her!

Elder Tollestrup and I were in Birmingham for a day this week for a doctor appointment.  Elder Tollestrup has a subfluxating shoulder which means it partially dislocates when he moves it.  It's pretty exciting to watch.

We're still working with Nancy.  Please keep her in your prayers.  Hopefullly we can get a ccouple of things moving along so she will be able to be baptized soon.  We shall see!

Well, I think that's pretty much it!  I can't believe I've been in this area for 2 transfers!  It feels like I"ve been here for a month or so.  I'm excited for more time here!

A scripture I liked this week is 3 Nephi 9:13.

13. O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?

I really like that because it explains the attitude Christ has when we make a mistake!  He wants us to return so He can heal us,  He never will push us away.  The only thing between us and Christ is ourselves.

Have a wonderful week!  Love you all!

-Elder Lott

Northampton Missionaries!

Northampton District Council with Elders Davey and Vuki

Ramsey District Council

Milton Keynes District Council

Elder McLennan snoozing

I tried to draw Elder Tollestrup

Elder Tollestrup drew me

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALE

Hello Everybody! Sorry I've been absolute rubbish at sending out weekly emails this last transfer.  It's been a really good 6 week...